Car Accident Law Firm in Macon
What to Do If You Were Injured by a Negligent Motorist
After a car accident, there are several important steps you should take to protect your health, your well-being, and your right to bring a personal injury claim. First and foremost, seek medical attention. Even if you believe you were not seriously injured, it’s important that you visit a doctor who can check you for minor or serious injuries you may have not realized you sustained.
Additionally, to the best of your ability, make sure to do the following:
- Call 911 if you or anyone else needs emergency medical attention
- Avoid admitting fault, apologizing, or downplaying your injuries
- Contact local law enforcement and have them come out to the scene
- File an official police report
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your vehicle, and your injuries
- Get the name and contact information of the other driver(s)
- Get the name and contact information, as well as a brief statement from any witnesses
- Follow all of your doctor’s orders
- Avoid speaking to any adjusters from the other person’s insurance company
- Contact an attorney
At Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C., our experienced car accident attorneys can ensure that your rights are protected and build the strongest possible case on your behalf. At our Macon office, we provide the same level of client service, attention, and care that has earned us a reputation for being one of the area’s most trusted law firms.
Work Directly with an Attorney Who Genuinely Cares
Unlike a lot of other law firms, we at Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C. do not simply accept every case that walks through our door with the goal of settling as many claims as we can, as quickly as possible. Instead, we take the time to really get to know our clients and learn about their particular concerns, needs, and goals. By limiting our caseload, we are able to provide each and every client with the level of care and attention they deserve.
When you turn to our team for help with your Macon car accident claim, you will work directly with one of our skilled, compassionate attorneys. We will remain consistently available to assist you and answer your questions throughout the legal process.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation Today
A car accident can change your life in an instant; Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C. can help you get back on your feet and fight for the justice you deserve. Put our 150+ years of experience and proven track record of success on your side—reach out to us today to learn how we can help during a free case evaluation. We offer contingency fees, meaning you do not owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover a settlement or verdict for you.
Call us at (478) 449-0137 today to get started.