Macon Car Accident Attorneys
Put Our Award-Winning Representation on Your Side
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming. The pressure of mounting medical bills, coupled with serious injuries, can prevent you from earning a living and providing for yourself and your family. This, in turn, can place you under a great deal of financial stress on top of the physical and emotional challenges associated with your recovery. However, if you were involved in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct, you may be entitled to compensation.
As your car accident attorneys in Macon, we are here to help you navigate the entire legal process. At Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C., we have handled countless personal injury cases and have recovered millions of dollars for past clients. When you're ready to get the help you need, we can start with a free consultation and help determine whether you have a case.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident is a frightening experience. Many people are left in some degree of shock after the crash; if you were seriously injured, you may have been quickly transported to a nearby hospital for emergency medical care.
However, if you are able, there are certain things you should do immediately after the accident in order to protect yourself and your right to bring a future personal injury claim:
- If you or anyone else needs emergency medical attention, call 911; do not move anyone who appears seriously injured while waiting for paramedics to arrive
- Contact local police and have them come out to the scene of the accident to file an official police report
- Get the name, insurance information, and contact information of anyone/everyone else involved in the crash
- Take pictures of the accident, including your vehicle, the other person’s vehicle, your injuries, and other relevant details
- If there are any witnesses, get their names and contact information, as well as a brief statement of what they saw
- If you do not require emergency medical care, visit a doctor as soon as possible after the crash, even if you believe you are not injured/seriously injured
- Follow all of your doctor’s orders regarding your recovery—take all prescribed medications and attend any follow-up appointments or appointments with specialists
- Refrain from speaking to anyone from the other person’s insurance company until you have first spoken to an attorney
As soon as possible after the accident, contact a car accident lawyer who can assist you with your personal injury claim. Insurance companies will often attempt to contact you quickly in order to get you to accept a low settlement. It is in your best interests to discuss your case with a lawyer first.
Standing Up for Victims of Negligence
If you're ready to fight for the justice you deserve, we're prepared to get you started with a free case evaluation. When you work with our firm, you'll get dedicated legal services and personalized attention every step of the way.
Call our office at (478) 449-0137 to schedule a free, confidential consultation today.