Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Macon
Let Us Provide the Experienced Representation You Need
A bicycle accident can wreak havoc on a person's physical and financial well-being. If you or someone you love was injured in a bicycle accident in Macon or the nearby areas, reach out to Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C. for personalized attention from a team withover 150 years of experience. We are true trial lawyers and are proud of our extensive experience in complex litigation.
We are also a small enough firm that every client matters, and we bring our full capabilities to each and every case. As personal injury attorneys with offices in Macon, Milledgeville, and Albany, we've recovered millions for our clients, and have established a proven record of success. If you or a family member has been hurt in a bicycle accident, we may be able to help you get the compensation you need to move on with your life.
Don't hesitate to call Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C. at (478) 449-0137 for a free consultation with one of our Macon bicycle accident lawyers today.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
With more bicyclists on the road than ever before, accidents are inevitably on the rise. Collisions with automobiles can cause severe injuries, some of which may even be fatal. If you've been injured or if someone you love was killed in a bicycle accident, you need the representation of an aggressive personal injury attorney.
At Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C., we’ve represented clients who have been involved in bicycle accidents that were the result of the following:
- Texting or talking on the phone while driving a motor vehicle
- Swerving a vehicle into a bicycle lane
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Traffic and/or safety violations
If you believe your accident was due to a reckless and negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation. Our attorneys have years of experience and are prepared to build a strong case on your behalf.
What to Do After a Bicycle Crash
If you are involved in a bicycle accident, whether with another cyclist or a person in a motor vehicle, there are a few steps to consider:
- First Step: The first thing to do is ensure that you receive proper medical attention. If necessary, call 911. You should also contact local police and fill out a police report detailing what happened and what injuries you sustained.
- Second Step: If possible, take pictures of the scene of the accident, as well as of your injuries and your bike if it was damaged. It is also a good idea to talk to any witnesses who saw what happened and obtain their names and contact information. You should also get the contact information of the other person involved in the accident, whether it was the driver of a car, truck, or motorcycle or another cyclist or pedestrian.
- Third Step: If you believe that a defective piece of equipment may have caused or contributed to the accident, do not repair or throw out the item, be it a helmet or your actual bike. Additionally, in the days and weeks following the accident, be sure to follow all of your doctor’s orders, including attending follow-up appointments, doing physical rehabilitation therapy exercises, and taking prescribed medications.
- Fourth Step: Lastly,contact a personal injury attorney who has experience handling bicycle accident claims and who can help you understand your legal rights and options. An attorney at our firm can meet with you in person for a one-on-one consultation at no cost. During this initial meeting, your attorney will go over the details of your case, learn more about how your injuries have impacted your life, and ask questions about your medical treatment, finances, and other important details.
We take the time to really learn about our clients and their unique concerns in order to better provide the personalized legal services they deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Our Macon bicycle accident lawyers are ready to answer your questions and provide the sound legal guidance and support you need. We offer our legal services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay any out-of-pocket expenses and we only collect attorneys’ fees when we secure a settlement or verdict for you.
Contact Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C. online or call our office at (478) 449-0137 today to get started.