Drowning Accidents Attorneys in Macon
Get The Justice You Deserve
A drowning accident is something that no family ever wants to endure. Unfortunately, drowning accidents are not uncommon, especially among children. As experienced personal injury attorneys, we understand that this is the most difficult time for your family, which is why we are so committed to giving you our personal attention every step of the way. We strive to build the strongest plausible case for each and every client, and we are proud of our proven record of success in recovering millions of dollars for our clients. If you are prepared to seek justice and compensation for your devastating loss, we are prepared to help.
Tips to Help You Stay Safe in the Water
- Supervise When in/Around Water: A responsible adult should watch young children when in the bath or swimming pool. If the child is preschool or younger, they should provide “touch supervision” and be close enough to always reach the child.
- Use the Buddy System: Always swim with a buddy and select swimming sites that have lifeguards when possible.
- Learn to Swim: Taking formal swimming lessons can protect young children from drowning. An adult should still always have constant and careful supervision even when children have had formal swimming lessons.
- Learn Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Your CPR skills could save a life during the time it takes for paramedics to arrive.
- Air-Filled/Foam Toys are not safety devices: Do not use air-filled or foam toys, such as “water wings”, “noodles”, or inner tubes, instead of life jackets.
- Avoid Alcohol: Avoid drinking alcohol before or during swimming, boating, or water skiing. Never drink alcohol while supervising children.
- Check the Weather Before Swimming/Boating: Strong winds and thunderstorms with lightning strikes are dangerous.
Common Causes of Drowning Accidents
If your loved one died as the result of a drowning accident, you should seek the counsel of an experienced personal injury attorney in Macon. When you're ready to take the next step, we can help get the process started with a free case consultation and speak to one of our lawyers. At this consultation, we'll help determine who can be held legally responsible for the accident and whether you are eligible to seek compensation.
As a seasoned firm, we understand that drowning accidents can be caused by the following unfortunate situations:
- Negligence or reckless behavior on the part of a pool or property owner
- Boating and water sport accidents
- Public pools that are not in compliance with the law and are not up to code
If you believe your loved one's drowning took place because of someone's negligence, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Our team at Adams, Jordan & Herrington, P.C.is fully equipped to guide you through the entire legal process, and help you get justice for the losses you've suffered.